Subject CT1 - Financial mathematics - Further suggested reading
Title links lead to book details on the IFoA Library catalogue. From here members, students and exam-registered non-members can 'Request' the book from the IFoA Library Service, subject to availability.
- Actuarial mathematics. 2nd ed. Bowers, N. L.; Gerber, H. U.; Hickman, J. C. et al. Society of Actuaries, 1997. ISBN: 978-0938959465 (Borrow from libraries)
- An introduction to the mathematics of finance: a deterministic approach. 2nd ed. S J Garrett. Butterworth-Heinemann, 2013. ISBN 978-0080982403 (Borrow from libraries)
See publisher Elsevier's book site for accompanying material 'Essential topics' available related to this book.
- Life insurance mathematics. 3rd ed. Gerber, H. U. Springer; Swiss Association of Actuaries, 1997. ISBN: 978-3540622420 (Borrow from libraries)
- Mathematics of compound interest. Butcher, M. V.; Nesbitt, C. J. Ulrich's Books, 1971. ISBN: 978-0960300013 (Borrow from libraries)
- Theory of financial decision making. Ingersoll, J. E. Rowman & Littlefield, 1987. ISBN: 978-0847673599 (Borrow from libraries)
- The theory of interest. 3rd ed. Kellison, S. G. McGraw-Hill-Irwin, 2008. ISBN: 978-0073382449 (Borrow from libraries)
These books are optional suggested reading to support study for the CT1 exam. Non-members can request to borrow these books, subject to availability, after they have registered for the next scheduled CT1 exam. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org confirming your exam date and IFoA registration number. CT1 Core Reading is the key study reference for this exam and is available from the IFoA shop, while students may also work with course materials for this exam from the Actuarial Education Company.
For any library enquiries please contact:
We try to respond to email queries within one working day. Researcher access to historical resources may require notice in advance of visit in order to retrieve items from storage.