We seek to inform debate and because we don’t represent the commercial interests of a sector or industry we don’t have a lobbying position. We can provide facts, figures and comment on a wide range of topics within the pensions, insurance, health and care, and resource and environment sectors and on demographics and mortality. Our spokespeople are working actuaries who volunteer their time to represent the expertise of the actuarial profession.
The IFoA conducts research on a wide range of areas and can provide expert spokespeople to comment on the following topics:
- General insurance – including motor, Solvency II, industrial, home and flood
- Pensions – including the pensions freedoms, defined benefit, defined contribution, and auto-enrolment
- Life insurance – including annuities
- Health and care – including long term care planning, private medical insurance and critical illness
- Resource and environment – including limits to growth and the impact of climate change on public and corporate decision makers
- Finance and investment – including the impact of gilt markets and financial repression
- Education – including the education of actuaries, certified actuarial analysts and financial literacy
- Demographics - including longevity, mortality and healthy life expectancy.
You might also like
For all media queries please contact Sonia Sequeira, Media Relations Manager
For out of hours, the Press Office can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to all enquiries as quickly as possible.