Applications received will be considered by a research advisory panel and a decision communicated within eight weeks of receipt. The full process is outlined in this flow chart.
Your application should include:
- your working party's aims, terms of reference and any work undertaken to date
- a detailed timetable of the planned work
- detailed costings for the funding you are requesting
- anticipated benefits arising from the funding you are requesting including how it satisfies the criteria below
- how you plan to disseminate the findings e.g. as a sessional meeting paper, for presentation and discussion at an open forum event, as a conference session etc.
We give preference to proposals where:
- it is clear that the additional funding will have a material impact on the project (perhaps with a longer time horizon)
- the project will provide thought leadership material/opportunities
- there is closeness of fit of the research's aims, objectives and planned outputs with the profession's strategy
- the plans for dissemination show clearly how members will benefit from the additional funding.
Please note that any intellectual property gained by any externally commissioned research will remain with the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA).
If you have any questions or wish to discuss any aspect of our awards and Honorary Fellowships, please contact the Public Affairs team on: