These reports from the Pensions Policy Institute will serve as a guide to the possible impact of policy as it will be implemented, and they will also form a baseline against which the future impact of auto-enrolment can be measured. The reports will address the following questions:
- What level of pension contribution is needed to obtain an adequate retirement income?
- How can older workers be helped to benefit from automatic enrolment?
- Will automatic enrolment increase pension saving?
The series will be sponsored by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), B&CE Benefit Schemes and the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA).
A consortium of major sponsors will support particular research projects. These include:
- Defined Contribution (DC) Investment Forum
- Association of British Insurers (ABI)
- Legal and General.
IFoA representatives sit on the project Steering Committee.
For each part of the project there will be a published, printed research report, and a launch event (hosted by the report’s major sponsor)
Timelines of projects:
- Adequacy: January-September 2013
- Older workers: July 2013 -January 2014
- Savings: December 2013-July 2014.
What Level of Pension is Needed to Obtain an Adequate Retirement Income?
You might also like
If you have any questions or wish to discuss any aspect of our awards and Honorary Fellowships, please contact the Public Affairs team on: