Our global community
We have a global community with qualified actuaries from all over the world who have come together for their actuarial education. When you study with us, you are not only choosing a specialist professional body, you are choosing a professional body with a global community and reputation.
Our global members
- 54% of members from the UK
- 37% from rest of the world
- 9% from Europe
In addition, we have links with universities and partners around the world, making us a global professional body.
Providing careers advice to you is something that we pride ourselves on here at the IFoA. We know that no matter where you are in the world, making a decision about your career is going to be important to you, not just now, but for the rest of your life.
We have therefore linked up with locals working in India, China and South East Asia and Africa to provide you with the most up to date, relevant and helpful advice to you; whether you are based there currently, or planning to return home after studying in the UK.
So what will you find on each page?
- Case studies of people currently on the same path as you, or those who have recently qualified
- Information on the local recruitment markets
- An understand on what employers are looking for from you when you start your actuarial journey
- What grades are essential for you to get if you are to consider this career
- Information on how to reach key contacts in your area.
If you would like more information on our global presence, please contact email@example.com
Africa specific information
We have developed a document that will help those who are based in Africa undertand the full scope of work that is happening in your country. Please review our Africa pack here.
China and South East Asia specific information
We have developed a document that will help those who are based in China and South East Asia to help you undertand the full scope of work that is happening in your region. Please review our Asia pack here.
- 23 April 2018