We are hosting a series of free events to promote diversity in the profession, appealing to the following groups of students who are interested in pursuing a career in STEM and therefore potentially a career as an actuary.
- Low socio-economic background
Our first series of free events will be on Girls - Count Us in:
- Girls - Count Us In (London) - Wednesday 10 October 2018
- Girls - Count Us In (Scotland) - Wednesday 14 November 2018
The events are open to all students aged from 10+ to graduates, and the session will include:
- An introduction to Girls in STEM and a career as an actuary
- An overview of the actuarial professional
- Presentations from companies who talk about initiatives they have in place for women to succeed
- Presentations from professionals who share their experience as an actuary
Light refreshments will also be served.
If you are interested in finding out more about this event, please email us.